A lacrosse player, coach and theatre major with a strong background in performing, personality, empathy, leadership and communication skills. A multi-faceted individual with extreme passion for teaching the love of performing on and off the field.
Penn Yan Academy
•Assistant Lacrosse Coach
• Coached attackers, offensive unit and goalies
• Specialized in draw work
• Reached the Section V title game
Summer Youth Box Lacrosse Program
•Sylvia's parents (Harry & Patricia Queener) started a youth lacrosse program in Penn Yan over twenty years ago. It’s a month of lacrosse (Monday-Thursday) with youth boys/girls (grades k-12). Sylvia's taught/coached since she was in High School. Two summers ago, the two Queener daughters officially took over the girls’ side
of the program.
•Camp Director and coordinator, moonlighting as a performer of sorts during the lunch break. Specialty numbers include: "When I'm Gone (cups song)" "Royals" "I Will Survive" "Titanium" "House of the Rising Sun" and of course, "Baby got back".
Limestone College 2011-2013
• Starting Attacker
• 2013 Conference Carolinas co-player of the year
• 2013 All-American
• 46 goals, 50 assists, 24 groundballs, 37 draw controls
• 2013 National Finalist (versus LIU POST)
• 2013 National All-Tournament Team
• 2012 Conference Carolinas Spring Scholar Athlete (3.88 GPA)
• 2012 Conference Carolinas All-Tournament Team
• 2012 All-Conference Carolinas First-Team
• 36 goals, 28 assists, 22 groundballs, 44 draw controls
Monroe Community College
• Starting Attacker
• 66 goals, 33 assists
• First Team All-Region
• Tournament MVP (Regionals)
• All-Tournament Team (Nationals)
• First Team-All American
PENN YAN ACADEMY
• New York State Champions 2004/ Runner-Up 2006
• All-American 2006 & 2007
• Member of the 2005 & 2006 Empire State Games
• Gold medal winner in 2005; Silver medal winner in 2006
•Sylvia has been performing on stage since she was eight years young.
Favorite Shows include: Annie, Children Of Eden, Fame, Kiss me, Kate, Finian's Rainbow, Much Ado About Nothing, A Year with Frog and Toad, The Rainmaker, Rent, The 39 Steps, and Irving Berlin's White Christmas.
•This past year Sylvia finished her theatre career at Limestone College, performing a one-woman show entitled: The Last Flapper. She portrayed the wife of author F. Scott Fitzgerald.The play is set in an insane asylum on the last day of Zelda's life, the play unfolds as a hypnotic session. Zelda tells of her innocent rebellion as a southern belle, of her destructive marriage and of her mental disintegration.